Starting with XUL

carlo...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2006, 1:09:15 PM10/3/06
Hi, i just started checking xul, and have made a small app for just
opening an online flash music player, it works when i open it from
firefox (menu File->Open file...), but it doesn't open when using the
command line:
mozilla -chrome rbplayer.xul

and with xulrunner i get an error
carlos@blackdebian:~/programacion/xul/rbplayer$ xulrunner rbplayer.xul
Error: Gecko MinVersion requirement not met.

This is my rbplayer.xul file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
<window id="rbplayer"
title="Radio Blog Club Player"
orient="horizontal"

xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
name ="radioblog_player"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

src="http://stat.radioblogclub.com/radio.blog/skins/default/player.swf"
allowscriptaccess="always"
bgcolor="#ECECEC"
swLiveConnect="true"
flashvars="id=1&amp;status=maximize&amp;playlistPath=http://www.radioblogclub.com/juke.blog.3.0/sounds/playlist?id=1061053&amp;colors=body:#ECECEC;border:#BBBBBB;button:#999999;player_text:#666666;playlist_text:#666666;new_tracks:#000000;"

height="100%"
width="100%" />
</window>

I'm using Debian Etch, do i have to install something else, or the file
is the problem?

Thanks for the help

carlo...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2006, 1:46:54 PM10/3/06

carlo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, i just started checking xul, and have made a small app for just
> opening an online flash music player, it works when i open it from
> firefox (menu File->Open file...), but it doesn't open when using the
> command line:
> mozilla -chrome rbplayer.xul

Hi, i tried with 'mozilla --chrome rbplayer.xul' and worked! I guess
the man page is wrong, gonna report it...

> and with xulrunner i get an error
> carlos@blackdebian:~/programacion/xul/rbplayer$ xulrunner rbplayer.xul
> Error: Gecko MinVersion requirement not met.

Still, this still don't works, anyone knows why?

Bye

Mark Finkle

Oct 5, 2006, 1:16:21 AM10/5/06
Sounds like a problem in your "application.ini". MinVersion is a property in
that file.

Check out:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Getting_started_with_XULRunner and look
at the "application.ini" section for more details.

Mark Finkle