How to access custom xpcom component from xulrunner based application.

JanakiRam

Oct 30, 2006, 8:08:12 AM10/30/06
Hi ,

I am developing a standalone xul application on Windows as well as
on Mac.I have also created xpcom component for my application
feature.This XPCOM component is being registered successfully on
Firefox( both on Mac & Windows).Now i've .dylib/.dll & .xpt files of
xpcom component.

Now i am trying to aceess the same from a XUL Application ( using
XULRunner 1.8.0.4 ).So i have created a "components" folder in
application folder ( under MyApp.app/Contents/Resources on Mac & MyApp
Folder in Windows) , and placed my .dylib/.dll & .xpt files in that,
and i removed my compreg.dat,xpti.dat files from the my applications
profile directory.

Now when i tried to instantiate my xpcom component , my XUL
Application on Mac is not detecting my xpcom component but the
application on windows detects the same.I'have checked my application
structure with that of Songbird , it looks similar.Now i don't have any
clue on this to figure out.Please let me know if i miss any thing.

Is this a bug of XULRunner in Mac ?.Since it works fine on Windows.Do i
need to follow any other approach for this problem.

My Application on Mac Structure looks like this.

TestApp.app

| ---- Contents
|
| --- Frameworks
| |
| | ---- XUL.Framework(1.8.0.4v)
|
| ---Info.plist

|--- Mac OS
| |
| |--- TestApp ( executable)
|
| --- PkgInfo

|-- Resources
| |
| |
| |---- application.ini
| |
| |---- chrome folder
| | |
| | | -- chrome.manifest file
| | |
| | |-- content
| | |
| | | --- main.xul
| | -- components
| | |
| | | --- .dylib file
| | |
| | | --- .xpt file
| |
| | -- defaults folder
| | |
| | |
| | | -- preferences folder
| | |
| | |-- prefs.js
| |
| |
| |-- applicationicon.icns

My Application on Windows Structure looks like this.

TestApp Folder

|------- application.ini file

|------- chrome folder
| |
| |-------chrome.manifest file
| |
| |--------content folder
| |
| |-------- main.xul

|-------defaults folder
| |
| |---- preferences folder
| |------------------prefs.js file

|------ components folder
| |
| |-------Test.xpt
| |
| |-------Test.idl

|------xulrunner Folder ( provided by mozilla)

|------ TestApp.exe ( sulrunner stub file)

Please help me to solve this problem.Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
JanakiRam.