XPIDL crashes

Alex Furman

Nov 10, 2006, 7:10:37 AM11/10/06
Hi!

I try to create header (IMyComp.h) file for my IMyComp.idl using
xpidl.exe from gecko-sdk. I use the following command line
c:\gecko-sdk\bin\xpidl -m header -I c:\gecko-sdk\idl IMyComp.idl
Every time when I execute this command line xpidl crashes with a
message "xpidl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"
I use Visual Studio 2003,
Gecko-SDK
(http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1...)
libIDL-0.6.dll and glib-1.2.dll
(http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/histor...)

I think that I used a wrong version numbers but I don't know what
versions of gecko-sdk, libIDL-0.6.dll and glib-1.2.dll I have to use
with Visual Studio 2003. Could anybody help me?

Best regards, Alex Furman.

Mark Finkle

Nov 10, 2006, 11:48:09 PM11/10/06
It does sound like the wrong version of SDK or wrong version of wintools

Check out:
http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2006/10/mozilla-platform-xpcom-in-c/

It's for Visual Studio Express 2005, but should work for VS 2003 as well.

Mark Finkle

"Alex Furman" <VanaR...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alex Furman

Nov 14, 2006, 8:11:11 AM11/14/06
It seems the version of wintools was wrong, but I'm not sure. Anyway it
works nice with VS 2003.
Thank you.

Alex Furman