Minefield is in a totally different folder, but firefox still loads as minefield.

Kizzume

Jun 20, 2007, 5:52:50 PM6/20/07
I just installed minefield. It installs to its own directory--

But--when I load ANY version of firefox that I have installed, it
automatically loads minefield instead. How in the world does that
work? How do I fix this? How did it DO this???

Justin Wood (Callek)

Jun 20, 2007, 11:21:59 PM6/20/07
Firstly, wrong newsgroup, you probably wanted mozilla.support.firefox
(followup-to set accordingly)

I am assuming you still have a window of Minefield open.

check your task manager, and look for firefox.exe (or minefield.exe I
forget what the exe is called), and end that task.

If you absolutely must have both open at once, you can use the
"MOZ_NO_REMOTE" path variable to make it work.

see: http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3114
and:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Debugging_Mozilla_on_Windows_FAQ#Running_two_instances_of_Mozilla_simultaneously

There are probably other things that talk about this.

~Justin Wood (Callek)