Pluglet Status: Nearly have pseudo-arbitrary xpconnect from JavaScript to Java Pluglet

edburns

Dec 21, 2007, 8:43:53 PM12/21/07
A src/nsIPluglet.idl
M classes/org/mozilla/pluglet/Registry.java
M dist/build.xml
M examples/simple/src/main/java/simple/SimplePluglet.java
M examples/simple/src/main/web/index.html
M mozilla/Makefile.in
M mozilla/nppluglet.cpp
M mozilla/nppluglet.h
M mozilla/nsScriptablePeer.cpp
M netbeans/nbproject/build-impl.xml
M netbeans/nbproject/genfiles.properties
M netbeans/nbproject/project.properties
M netbeans/nbproject/project.xml
M src/Makefile.in
M src/Pluglet.cpp
M src/Pluglet.h
M src/PlugletEngine.cpp
M src/PlugletFactory.cpp
M src/Registry.cpp
M src/Registry.h
R mozilla/nsIPluglet.idl

- At this point, I can call from JavaScript and locate an arbitratily
named method on the Pluglet instance that conforms to the signature
of
returning String, and taking 0 or more Strings as arguments.

Ed

edburns

Dec 27, 2007, 12:19:44 AM12/27/07
I am very happy to announce the 1.1 alpha 2 release of Pluglets.

This release includes a nifty, but limited, facility for calling into
Java
methods on the Pluglet directly from JavaScript in the page, including
getting the return value from the method. The examples included
in the release distribution include complete documentation for
this feature.

Please see http://www.mozilla.org/projects/blackwood/java-plugins/ for
details and a link to the release distribution zip.

Sincerely,

Ed