Pluglet status

Ed Burns

Mar 28, 2006, 10:54:09 AM3/28/06
I'm writing hear to announce that I have resumed work on the mozilla
blackwood pluglet API. This API enables writing mozilla and firefox
plugins in Java.

My current status is that the pluglet.dll and plugletjni.dll libraries
build against the Firefox 1.5.0.1 source, but I'm having a problem with
LoadLibrary as detailed below. If anyone has any ideas how to get past
this problem, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Ed

The console output around the failure is:

*** Registering "JavaDOMModule" components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(pluglet.dll) Load FAILED with
error: er
ror 126
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
*** Deferring registration of sample JS components

I have debugged this and found that the LoadLibrary Win32 System call
below, from mozilla\nsprpub\pr\src\linking\prlink.c, is failing with
error 126, which is "The specified module can not be found".
Unfortunately, the value of "name" is
D:\Projects\mozilla\MOZILLA_NIH\FIREFOX_1_5_0_1\mozilla\dist\bin\components\pluglet.dll
which *does* exist on my system and has the same permissions as all the
rest of the DLLs in that directory.

pr_loadmap = lm;
}
#endif /* XP_OS2 */

#if defined(WIN32) || defined(WIN16)
{
HINSTANCE h;

h = LoadLibrary(name);
if (h < (HINSTANCE)HINSTANCE_ERROR) {
oserr = _MD_ERRNO();
PR_DELETE(lm);
goto unlock;
}
lm->name = strdup(name);
lm->dlh = h;
lm->next = pr_loadmap;
pr_loadmap = lm;
}
#endif /* WIN32 || WIN16 */

#ifdef XP_MACOSX
{

ACTION: What I want you to do is make it so that LoadLibrary call
succeeds.

Ed Burns

Apr 12, 2006, 7:39:15 AM4/12/06
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:54:09 -0500, Ed Burns wrote:

> I'm writing hear to announce that I have resumed work on the mozilla
> blackwood pluglet API. This API enables writing mozilla and firefox
> plugins in Java.
>
> My current status is that the pluglet.dll and plugletjni.dll libraries
> build against the Firefox 1.5.0.1 source, but I'm having a problem with
> LoadLibrary as detailed below. If anyone has any ideas how to get past
> this problem, please let me know.

[...]

> ACTION: What I want you to do is make it so that LoadLibrary call
> succeeds.

To solve this problem, I have gone back to first principles of XPCOM and
am working my way through _Creating XPCOM Components_ [1]. I have just
completed the chapter that explains NS_GetModule(), nsIModule and
nsIFactory, and am ready to try to take the lessons of the weblock
component and apply them to the pluglet.dll.

Ed

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xpcom/book/cxc/

--
Modify my email address before replying to remove spam block.