Notes from the layout meeting at the summit

1 view

rocal...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2008, 7:50:08 PM8/1/08
We discussed where we're at for 1.9.1. Things seem to be in good shape
with the possible exception of CSS @font-face.

We then discussed items to work on post-1.9.1. Here's the list:
-- fix textframe selection bits and eliminate <BR> insertion by the
plaintext editor
-- initialize textcontrol editors lazily
-- eliminate nsIRenderingContext
-- rationalize overflow areas: distinguish different kinds of overflow
areas and make it possible to change some kinds of overflow areas
without doing reflow.
-- make anything capable of being an abs-pos containing block
-- work out how to apply SVG pointer-events to non-SVG content
-- work out a spec for text-overflow
-- reimplement page-break (fantasai)
-- fix drawing of table rules to use CSS
-- refactor nsBlockFrame so we have one frame type that contains only
blocks and another frame type that contains only inlines
-- remove float continuations
-- an API for extensible selection types
-- specify flexbox and rewrite our XUL layout code to fit
-- rework frame lists so they're abstracted with nsFrameList and we
can efficiently get the last frame in the list
-- rework printing to clone the document

I realized later that some stuff was not covered in any group meeting
due to confusion about which group it belongs to. In particular,
compositor.

At some point we'll prioritize and assign these.