testing accesskey conflicts

Axel Hecht

Nov 8, 2006, 1:51:40 PM11/8/06

there is an non-stopping ramble about the complexity of access keys and
how to detect conflicts there in the l10n community.

So I started to grep for accesskey and the best hook I found to look for
conflicts would be the #ifdef DEBUG_jag part in

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/content/events/src/nsEventStateManager.cpp#4705

Is that true? Would it be totally evil to make that a

if (sDEBUGAccessKey)

and have a hidden pref to trigger that code? Then we could set that on
and report conflicts to the error console.

I'd be happily suprised if there was a simpler and less invasive way to
test for conflicting access keys. My naive "walking-the-DOM" attempt
failed instantly.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Nov 13, 2006, 2:01:23 PM11/13/06