http://www.mozilla.org/js/ points to wrong newsgroup

1 view

David P. Caldwell

Sep 22, 2006, 1:53:58 PM9/22/06
Someone mentioned this with regard to Rhino recently (in a topic too
old to reply to, at least through Google's interface), but I wanted to
note that the JavaScript language home page is still sending people to
the netscape.public.mozilla.jseng newsgroup, where a disturbing number
of them can't find this one.

I'm not a Usenet expert, so I'm not sure what solutions are available.

-- David Caldwell.
http://www.inonit.com/

David P. Caldwell

Sep 22, 2006, 4:33:22 PM9/22/06
I haven't been able to absolutely confirm this, but
http://www.mozilla.org/js/tests/library.html also gives the wrong
maintainer for the testsuite, I think.

Jeff Walden

Oct 21, 2006, 1:01:11 AM10/21/06
David P. Caldwell wrote:
> the JavaScript language home page is still sending people to
> the netscape.public.mozilla.jseng newsgroup

I fixed all instances of n.p.m.jseng in all pages underneath m.o/js/, except for /js/js15.html, which consisted of links to discussion on that server. (I didn't test whether those links work or not; if someone wants to check and produce a list of working links if necessary, I'll update those pages too. I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort to fix a rather old page, anyway.)

> where a disturbing number of them can't find this one.

Sorry, can't help there. ;-)

Jeff

--
Rediscover the Web!
http://snurl.com/get_firefox

Reclaim Your Inbox!
http://snurl.com/get_thunderbird

Jeff Walden

Oct 21, 2006, 1:04:28 AM10/21/06
to b...@bclary.com
David P. Caldwell wrote:
> I haven't been able to absolutely confirm this, but
> http://www.mozilla.org/js/tests/library.html also gives the wrong
> maintainer for the testsuite, I think.

Bob, you okay with putting your name/address there? Or would referencing this newsgroup perhaps be a better idea?