2 somehow relevant papers from PLDI and ISMM

Gregor Wagner

Jun 9, 2011, 12:56:17 PM6/9/11
to dev-tech-js-en...@lists.mozilla.org
I got a lot of positive feedback for my ISMM talk and people are happy that firefox is catching up again with GC performance for multiple tabs.
2 other papers might be relevant for some of you:
The first paper talks about GC trigger mechanism based on the overall memory pressure.
The second paper is from the chrome team and explains sandboxing JIT code.

-Gregor

Paul Biggar

Jun 9, 2011, 2:06:29 PM6/9/11
to Gregor Wagner, dev-tech-js-en...@lists.mozilla.org
Looks like mailman stripped the attachements, even though I approved
the message. Not sure how to fix, maybe send links?

Paul Biggar
Compiler Geek
pbi...@mozilla.com
@paulbiggar

Gregor Wagner

Jun 9, 2011, 2:16:15 PM6/9/11
to dev-tech-js-en...@lists.mozilla.org
The JIT-security paper can be found by name:
Language-Independent Sandboxing of Just-In-Time Compilation and Self-Modifying Code

There is only a 2 year old version of the GC paper online so contact me if you want the new version.
Waste Not,Want Not Resource-based Garbage Collection in a Shared Environment

-Gregor