Moving back to mozilla.web-developers.scripting

Chris Ilias

Feb 5, 2007, 10:41:45 PM2/5/07
The original newsgroup list for the mozilla.* hierarchy contained a set
of groups called mozilla.web-developers.*. Shortly after the mozilla.*
newsgroups were created, it was decided to close the web-developer
newsgroups, and move them to mozilla.dev.tech.*. Then intention was to
combine Gecko rendering development discussion, with web-developer
discussion.

As seen in mozilla.dev.tech.css [1], this is not something either
web-developers, nor Mozilla developers like; so I'd like to get the old
web-developer newsgroups re-created.

For this newsgroup, that would mean closing down
mozilla.dev.tech.javascript, and moving back to
mozilla.web-developers.scripting. Before I file this bug, I'd like to
know if this is something the people of this newsgroup want.

More info:
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.mozilla-org/browse_frm/thread/5ab6eb97d4c8ae41>

[1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.css/browse_frm/thread/5849787097940884>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Feb 6, 2007, 1:34:13 AM2/6/07
Chris Ilias wrote:
> The original newsgroup list for the mozilla.* hierarchy contained a set
> of groups called mozilla.web-developers.*. Shortly after the mozilla.*
> newsgroups were created, it was decided to close the web-developer
> newsgroups, and move them to mozilla.dev.tech.*. Then intention was to
> combine Gecko rendering development discussion, with web-developer
> discussion.
>
> As seen in mozilla.dev.tech.css [1], this is not something either
> web-developers, nor Mozilla developers like; so I'd like to get the old
> web-developer newsgroups re-created.
>
> For this newsgroup, that would mean closing down
> mozilla.dev.tech.javascript, and moving back to
> mozilla.web-developers.scripting. Before I file this bug, I'd like to
> know if this is something the people of this newsgroup want.
>
> More info:
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.mozilla-org/browse_frm/thread/5ab6eb97d4c8ae41>
>

> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.css/browse_frm/thread/5849787097940884>

but what about for those who only want javascript within emails, and not
on web pages?

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks