how to cache 301 Moved Permanently

Adrian Herscu

Nov 4, 2008, 9:42:29 AM11/4/08
Hi all,

I am not sure that this is the proper newsgroup to ask this question, so
please advise if there is a better place.

I have configured my server application to send 301 Moved Permanently
response for certain resource. The spec
[http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.2] says:
"The requested resource has been assigned a new permanent URI and any
future references to this resource SHOULD use one of the returned URIs."
My interpretation is that the browser should not revalidate its cache
but directly use URL specified in the Location response header.
Instead it issues a GET request again :(

Adrian.