xpcshell tests for electrolysis

1 view

Jonathan Griffin

Sep 3, 2009, 8:58:59 PM9/3/09
Last week there was some discussion about testing of electrolysis. One
of the ideas was to use xpcshell to test some things across processes, e.g.,

1. set a preference in chrome using nsIPrefMan (or whatever)
2. send an ipcshell command to the child process that reads the
preference and returns its value to the chrome process
3. in the chrome process, assert that the value is correct

This kind of test is now possible, thanks to BenT's work in xpcshell.

Now I'm looking for ideas for other kinds of electrolysis tests that
would be interesting to perform in this context. Any suggestions?

Jonathan

Jason Duell

Sep 8, 2009, 5:06:51 PM9/8/09

I'm planning to add xpcshell tests for the necko e10s work as I
implement it.

Jason