Dehydra in Fedora 11: Mini-HOWTO

1 view

Pedro Lamarão

Jun 23, 2009, 11:37:53 AM6/23/09
This is how I'm building GCC 4.5 and Dehydra in Fedora 11, with good
results so far.

1. Building GCC 4.5

Notable packages required:

gmp-devel mpfr-devel ppl-devel ppl-cloog-devel

Configure command:

../trunk/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.5 --enable-bootstrap --enable-
shared --enable-threads=posix --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
--disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-ppl --
with-cloog --with-tune=generic --with-arch=i586 --build=i586-redhat-
linux

Notes:

GCC requires the build directory to be different from the source
directory. I prefer to have both in the same filesystem level, i.e.
siblings in the filesystem.

Installing to /opt avoids disturbing the system and requires a simple
make install. I haven't tried to use --enable-version-specific-runtime-
libs yet.

2. Building Dehydra

Notable packages required:

xulrunner-devel

Configure command:

./configure --js-name=mozjs --js-headers=/usr/include/xulrunner-
sdk-1.9.1/js --js-libs=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1 --gcc-build=$GCC_ROOT/
trunk-obj

Notes:

Using the Xulrunner package seems to work fine, so I've abandoned the
practice of using bleeding edge JS to simplify my setup.

To install Dehydra it is necessary to move gcc_dehydra.so and the
libs/ directory as a unit; my preference is to put things in /opt so I
end up with:

/opt/dehydra/gcc_dehydra.so
/opt/dehydra/libs/*.js

3. Profit!

--
P.

Taras Glek

Jun 23, 2009, 10:40:12 PM6/23/09
to Pedro Lamarão, dev-stati...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks for the detailed guide. I didn't even realize we were compatible
with threaded spidermonkey used by xulrunner. Once gcc exports enough
headers to support building dehydra without a build directory, I'll post
your instructions on the website.

Taras