Kathleen Wilson now peer for Mozilla CA certificate decisions

Frank Hecker

Sep 9, 2009, 4:12:05 PM9/9/09
Those of you who've been participating in this group for a while are
familiar with the great work Kathleen Wilson has been doing gathering
information for CA requests, evaluating them, and making recommendations
for what Mozilla should do. I'm now happy to announce that Kathleen is
now officially a peer with me for the so-called "CA certificates module"
within the Mozilla project:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Module_Owners_Activities_Modules#CA_Certificates_Module

What that means in practice is that Kathleen is free to go ahead and
make official Mozilla decisions on CA inclusion on her own. I'll
continue to provide advice as requested, and I'll make the final call on
CA-related decisions if/when it's appropriate, but otherwise I won't get
involved in individual CA decisions unless I need to.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hec...@mozillafoundation.org

Gen Kanai

Sep 9, 2009, 4:18:59 PM9/9/09
to Frank Hecker, dev-secur...@lists.mozilla.org

Congratulations to Kathleen. I, for one, am very happy to hear this
is finally confirmed.

Gen Kanai
http://blog.mozilla.com/gen/about/

Eddy Nigg