How to Triage [QAC Generated] Bugs

Clint Talbert

Aug 11, 2009, 7:44:25 PM8/11/09
With the new 1.0 QA Companion (QAC), we have tried very hard to create
an easy way for first-time users to create bugs for the problems that
they find.

When someone generates a bug with the QAC, it will be filed as follows:

* [QAC Generated] will be prepended to the summary
* It will land in the "Firefox::General" component.
* It will be filed as Unconfirmed.

When one of these bugs is confirmed, we should remove the [QAC
Generated] flag from the summary, and move it to the proper Product and
Component as needed. We should also check to see if the version and
platform settings are made correctly. The QAC will attempt to guess
those, but it never hurts to double check.

Follow-up to m.d.quality.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Clint

Henrik Skupin

Aug 11, 2009, 8:14:44 PM8/11/09
to Clint Talbert, dev-q...@lists.mozilla.org
Clint Talbert wrote on 12.08.09 01:44:

> * [QAC Generated] will be prepended to the summary
> * It will land in the "Firefox::General" component.
> * It will be filed as Unconfirmed.
>
> When one of these bugs is confirmed, we should remove the [QAC
> Generated] flag from the summary, and move it to the proper Product and
> Component as needed. We should also check to see if the version and
> platform settings are made correctly. The QAC will attempt to guess
> those, but it never hurts to double check.

I have created a named search on bugzilla called "qac-generated". You
can subscribe to it via "Preferences | Saved Searches". Afterward when
you have run the query you can bookmark the page. Select the
microsummary as the name. That way the number of filed bugs is
immediately shown in the bookmarks name! That's pretty cool.

Henrik

Tony Chung

Aug 11, 2009, 9:44:15 PM8/11/09
to Henrik Skupin, Clint Talbert, dev-q...@lists.mozilla.org
Henrik Skupin wrote:

> I have created a named search on bugzilla called "qac-generated". You
> can subscribe to it via "Preferences | Saved Searches". Afterward when
> you have run the query you can bookmark the page. Select the
> microsummary as the name. That way the number of filed bugs is
> immediately shown in the bookmarks name! That's pretty cool.
>
> Henrik

Here's a screenshot of what that that would look like in your folder.

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/bfca37668cd27527a772c5e37afb5a97.png (the
0 entry will accumulate once you file bugs)

Tony

Tony Chung

Aug 11, 2009, 9:44:15 PM8/11/09
to Henrik Skupin, dev-q...@lists.mozilla.org, Clint Talbert