Fennec M9 on desktop issue

1 view

supernova_00

Oct 17, 2008, 12:12:58 PM10/17/08
Sorry I do not have time to file bugs for these but where is what I
see as bugs:

1) The address bar end caps (the whiteish spots) are a different shade
the the actual address bar.
2) go to yahoo.com, the "Make Y! your homepage" and "other link on the
first line at the top of the page...the first few pixels are cut off.
Only seems to happen after draggin the page to the left or right
though.
3) No application icon, on vista it shows up as the generic
application icon in the title bar but on the taskbar it shows up as an
unknown file type.
4) Hovering over links does not show that you can actually click it,
the mouse pointer does not change from the arrow to finger.
5) When dragging the page to the left or right to show the controls,
the bottom line of the address bar, reload and bookmarks(or history)
button move jump around while dragging.
6) No right click context menu
7) No when hovering over icons
8) Other weird issues when dragging the page to show the controls.
Should disable the page from scrolling up or down because no one has a
sturdy enough finger on mobile or even hand on a pc to be able to drag
completely straight to the left or right.
9) The build in add-ons manager says "Fennec couldn't retrieve add-
ons". Is this because there are no add-ons for fennec?
10) The default Fennec theme is not shown in the theme manager
11) There is basically absolutely nothing in the download manager to
let us know what the heck it is. I couldn't figure it out until I
spotted the 'clear list' button
12) In the 'Privacy and Security' portion of the settings, the
"Clear.." button is huge for the clear private data line.
13) Clicking said "clear..." button does not open another window as
the "..." indicates. So I can not set the options on which
information I want cleared.
14) The information text for 'Clear private data' says "Saves your
hides"...huh?

I think that is it for now. Very nice job!

Mark Finkle

Oct 17, 2008, 12:28:06 PM10/17/08
to supernova_00, dev-platfo...@lists.mozilla.org

----- "supernova_00" <super...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I do not have time to file bugs for these but where is what I
> see as bugs:
>
> 1) The address bar end caps (the whiteish spots) are a different shade
> the the actual address bar.

Sounds like a bug

> 2) go to yahoo.com, the "Make Y! your homepage" and "other link on the
> first line at the top of the page...the first few pixels are cut off.
> Only seems to happen after draggin the page to the left or right
> though.

Sounds like abug

> 3) No application icon, on vista it shows up as the generic
> application icon in the title bar but on the taskbar it shows up as an
> unknown file type.

Desktop version are not a real deliverable. wontfix

> 4) Hovering over links does not show that you can actually click it,
> the mouse pointer does not change from the arrow to finger.

You can't hover on a touchscreen. No mouse pointer on devices either. Could be a good idea for an extension: show the link href when it's focused

> 5) When dragging the page to the left or right to show the controls,
> the bottom line of the address bar, reload and bookmarks(or history)
> button move jump around while dragging.

Happens on desktop, but no on device. wontfix unless it's a device issue too.

> 6) No right click context menu

Some are coming soon

> 7) No when hovering over icons

No hovering on devices

> 8) Other weird issues when dragging the page to show the controls.
> Should disable the page from scrolling up or down because no one has a
> sturdy enough finger on mobile or even hand on a pc to be able to drag
> completely straight to the left or right.

Some bugs on this have been filed.

> 9) The build in add-ons manager says "Fennec couldn't retrieve add-
> ons". Is this because there are no add-ons for fennec?

AMO is not quite ready for Fennec yet. Soon.

> 10) The default Fennec theme is not shown in the theme manager

I guess we should do this too

> 11) There is basically absolutely nothing in the download manager to
> let us know what the heck it is. I couldn't figure it out until I
> spotted the 'clear list' button

UI changes are coming

> 12) In the 'Privacy and Security' portion of the settings, the
> "Clear.." button is huge for the clear private data line.

Big buttons for big fingers. But theme work is still happening there.

> 13) Clicking said "clear..." button does not open another window as
> the "..." indicates. So I can not set the options on which
> information I want cleared.

Some indication that something happened is a good idea

> 14) The information text for 'Clear private data' says "Saves your
> hides"...huh?

Alpha 1

Thanks for the list!

supernova_00

Oct 17, 2008, 12:48:30 PM10/17/08
On Oct 17, 12:28 pm, Mark Finkle <mfin...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> ----- "supernova_00" <supernov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 3) No application icon, on vista it shows up as the generic
> > application icon in the title bar but on the taskbar it shows up as an
> > unknown file type.
>
> Desktop version are not a real deliverable. wontfix

How about on windows mobile? I can't remember and I just got rid of
my windows mobile phone. I know it will at least need an icon for on
the "desktop" on windows mobile though; not sure about the titlebar.

> > 12) In the 'Privacy and Security' portion of the settings, the
> > "Clear.." button is huge for the clear private data line.
>
> Big buttons for big fingers. But theme work is still happening there.

It is just massive compared to the check boxes and I figured that is
why the button was huge.

> > 13) Clicking said "clear..." button does not open another window as
> > the "..." indicates. So I can not set the options on which
> > information I want cleared.
>
> Some indication that something happened is a good idea

so there are no options on what the clear? It is not supposed to open
a new window for the options and just automatically clears some kind
of information?

Madhava Enros

Oct 17, 2008, 1:41:08 PM10/17/08

On Oct 17, 2008, at 12:48 PM, supernova_00 wrote:

> On Oct 17, 12:28 pm, Mark Finkle <mfin...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 12) In the 'Privacy and Security' portion of the settings, the
>>> "Clear.." button is huge for the clear private data line.
>>
>> Big buttons for big fingers. But theme work is still happening there.
>>
> It is just massive compared to the check boxes and I figured that is
> why the button was huge.

There's still work going on on theming these views -- those checkboxes
are tiny on a mobile device, and not very tappable. We're going to
move to a more button-oriented look, something like this:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/UI/Designs/TouchScreen/
workingUI#Preferences

>>> 13) Clicking said "clear..." button does not open another window as
>>> the "..." indicates. So I can not set the options on which
>>> information I want cleared.
>>
>> Some indication that something happened is a good idea
>>
> so there are no options on what the clear? It is not supposed to open
> a new window for the options and just automatically clears some kind
> of information?

Agreed -- we should get rid of the ellipsis in the button - it's
misleading. And some feedback is a good idea.

Madhava

--
Madhava Enros
User Experience Designer, Mozilla Corporation

Daniel Brooks

Oct 17, 2008, 7:26:57 PM10/17/08
supernova_00 <super...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 17, 12:28 pm, Mark Finkle <mfin...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> ----- "supernova_00" <supernov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > 12) In the 'Privacy and Security' portion of the settings, the
>> > "Clear.." button is huge for the clear private data line.
>>
>> Big buttons for big fingers. But theme work is still happening there.
>>
> It is just massive compared to the check boxes and I figured that is
> why the button was huge.

The checkboxes are actually way too small at present, which makes the
button look even bigger than it really is. I believe we'll be making the
button slightly smaller at the same time we make the checkboxes much bigger.

>> > 13) Clicking said "clear..." button does not open another window as
>> > the "..." indicates. So I can not set the options on which
>> > information I want cleared.
>>
>> Some indication that something happened is a good idea
>>
> so there are no options on what the clear? It is not supposed to open
> a new window for the options and just automatically clears some kind
> of information?

Pressing that button clears everything. Of course, some kind of feedback
will make it into 1.0. Also, it's likely that we'll add some way of
selecting which items to clear and which to keep.

db48x