Fennec crashing on startup with m-c tip

Kartikaya Gupta

Jan 23, 2012, 11:44:56 AM1/23/12
(Previously sent to mobile-dev; apologies if you're getting it twice)

Be warned that if you build m-c tip using the Android NDK version r6b or
higher, Fennec will crash on startup due to linker errors. Possible
solutions/workarounds:

1) Use an NDK version < r6b (glandium claims this will work; the problem
is due to http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23203)
2) Revert 758005504cab and fd8fc492279c locally prior to building (I've
verified that building without these patches works)
3) Add "export MOZ_OLD_LINKER=1" to your mozconfig (I've verified that
this works as well)

kats