Performance test of microB patches

1 view

joone

Jan 18, 2008, 3:20:25 AM1/18/08
I have tested microB patches based on Firefox3 alpha6 pre.
http://browser.garage.maemo.org/docs/patches.html
- FYI, there are more patches in the source package
- Currently, microB engine is released with Firefox3 alpha6 pre.

I used two kind of test cases:
- Tinderbox DHTML Test http://www.mozilla.org/performance/test-cases/dhtml/
- CSS Rendering http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/csstest.html

Target Device : PAX320, RAM 256MB

And got the following result using TestGtkEmbed.

Tinderbox DHTML Test:
microB patched Mozilla is 2.2 % faster

CSS Rendering:
microB patched Mozilla is 5.6 % slower (?)

I applied all of the default patches of microB to Firefox3 alpha6 pre.
(actually, automatically)
I can't understand why microB patches is slow in case of CSS
Rendering.

The following items are performance related patches in the default
patches list.

#Performance improvements
perf_addon/attachment.cgi?id=246204.diff
perf_addon/new_cached_scale.gtk2.diff
perf_addon/bug54205.diff
perf_addon/540_BUG54340_js_malloc.diff
perf_addon/545_BUG54340_findkeyword_inline.diff
perf_addon/550_BUG54340_optimization_options.diff
perf_addon/thread_wait_block.diff
perf_addon/spidermonkey_alloc.diff
perf_addon/605_css_erros_parsing_disable.diff

I did not go through each patch what it means.

Are there any problems in these patches?

Thanks,

Joone