Building a support FAQ - your help needed!

David Tenser

Jul 15, 2009, 11:05:39 AM7/15/09
Hi everyone,

As some of you already know, we are working on launching a SUMO-powered
Fennec support website that will launch sometime in early September (See
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Fennec_Project_Plan for details).
Basically it will be the Fennec version of support.mozilla.com, with its
own set of Knowledge Base articles and support forum.

This is of course an effort that requires some resources to build
infrastructure and configure the website to suit the specific needs of
Fennec (for example, we will want the ability to customize article views
for different handsets and platforms, similar to how Firefox Support
currently filters the view depending on your OS and version of Firefox;
see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Pop-up+blocker for an example of
how you can select different OSes).

However, an even bigger effort is to figure out which problems and
questions are most frequent among Fennec users, and this is why I'm
posting here. I would like to build a list of the most frequently asked
questions and I would love to get some help with this.

Have you experienced or know of some of the more common questions or
problems that are being asked?

This list I'm trying to build will be very valuable when launching the
new knowledge base as it will essentially be our prioritized list of
articles to create. Also, we might launch a preliminary FAQ page while
we're waiting for the new SUMO-powered support site to bake.

Thanks in advance for your help! Please start by sharing your most
common problems. I'll probably create a wiki page once we start to get
some things listed here.

- David