XULRunner 1.9 not working on Intel Mac

已查看 14 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Matt Browne

未读,
2007年11月20日 12:19:122007/11/20
收件人
Hi,
When I try to run a basic "Hello world" XUL app on my Intel Mac (OS X
10.4), I get this message: "Error: couldn't parse application.ini".
This was after resolving a problem where I had to set the Gecko "max
version" to 2.0 (1.9 didn't do it). I checked over the application.ini
several times, and also tried an app that I downloaded directly from
the tutorial (my only change was to the "max version" setting).

I would just try an older version, but the 1.8.1.3 version does not
install correctly (I found a forum post saying the installer was fixed
for the Intel Mac in a later 1.8.x version which I could not find).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Sergey Yanovich

未读,
2007年11月20日 15:11:482007/11/20
收件人
Matt Browne wrote:
> When I try to run a basic "Hello world" XUL app on my Intel Mac (OS X
> 10.4), I get this message: "Error: couldn't parse application.ini".
> This was after resolving a problem where I had to set the Gecko "max
> version" to 2.0 (1.9 didn't do it). I checked over the application.ini
> several times, and also tried an app that I downloaded directly from
> the tutorial (my only change was to the "max version" setting).

"MaxVersion" is optional. Try removing it.

And I have this:
[Gecko]
MinVersion=1.9b1

Plain 1.9 won't fly before release :)

--
Sergey Yanovich

Matt Browne

未读,
2007年11月22日 22:39:272007/11/22
收件人

Thanks for the quick reply! I can't actually try this quite yet, since
I am away from my Mac over Thanksgiving.

Also though, I was wondering what general resources would be good to
help learn the Mozilla platform. I have a web development background,
and have dabbled (but only in the very basics) in C++, but don't have
any real experience with writing desktop GUI apps. My real goal is to
be able to modify the source for Thunderbird, but I thought it would
be good to try out XULRunner also and build a simple app from scratch
to get a better sense of the platform.

I have looked for books on the subject but they all seem to be out of
date. What would be a good place to start if I want to gain enough of
an understanding of the Thunderbird code to start making changes?

Thanks,
Matt

Sergey Yanovich

未读,
2007年11月23日 02:38:272007/11/23
收件人
Matt Browne wrote:
> Also though, I was wondering what general resources would be good to
> help learn the Mozilla platform. I have a web development background,
> and have dabbled (but only in the very basics) in C++, but don't have
> any real experience with writing desktop GUI apps. My real goal is to
> be able to modify the source for Thunderbird, but I thought it would
> be good to try out XULRunner also and build a simple app from scratch
> to get a better sense of the platform.
>
> I have looked for books on the subject but they all seem to be out of
> date. What would be a good place to start if I want to gain enough of
> an understanding of the Thunderbird code to start making changes?

This group is meant to serve needs of platform developers. This question
is little off-topic here.

You may have better luck in mozilla.community.mozpad,
mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom, and also on #developers or #xulrunner channels
at irc://irc.mozilla.org

--
Sergey Yanovich

Matt Browne

未读,
2007年11月24日 23:26:402007/11/24
收件人
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with regard to my more
general questions... XULRunner is still giving the same error message
on my Intel Mac (after removing the MaxVersion line).
0 个新帖子