cannot access optimized closure

John J Barton

Jul 14, 2009, 8:15:56 PM7/14/09
I am seeing an error message at all kinds of different lines with the
message "cannot access optimized closure". It seems not to be
reproducible nor in the same file or line. Any ideas what this is?
jjb

John J Barton

Jul 14, 2009, 8:20:51 PM7/14/09

But I have been testing Firebug's Break On Next which hooks the jsd
interrupt then discard all the hits in xul code.

jjb

John J Barton

Jul 14, 2009, 8:28:21 PM7/14/09

And I can't get it to happen with Firebug alone. Seems to require
Chromebug running. Well maybe we can look into this when there is a
release of Chromebug...

jjb

Boris Zbarsky

Jul 14, 2009, 8:30:06 PM7/14/09

Looks like this can happen in two cases:

1) Attempt to get the .callee from a function that can't hand one out
for some reason (presumably because it's been optimized away; see
the case when JSMSG_OPTIMIZED_CLOSURE_LEAK is reported in
args_getProperty in jsfun.cpp).
2) Attempt to get a local variable or .callee from a function that's
been optimized in certain ways and is no longer active on the stack.

At least if I read the code right; asking in .js-engine might work
better for this.

-Boris