Firefox 2.0.0.5rc2 Builds Available

Juan Becerra

Jul 15, 2007, 1:31:00 PM7/15/07
Release candidate builds (rc2) for Firefox 2.0.0.5 are now available here:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0.0.5-candidates/rc2/

A regression was discovered in RC1 builds before they had all been
generated, and we decided to re-spin. See bug 387979. If no further
issues are found we plan on releasing final builds next Thursday 7/19.
The plan is to release Thunderbird 2.0.0.5 simultaneously, and we will
have release candidates for Thunderbird within then next couple of days.

There will not be a beta period for this release.

As always we appreciate your help testing these builds and sending us
feedback.

Several new forums for submitting and discussing feedback around release
candidates and alphas have been created. You can read the feedback and
participate in one of three ways:

a) Join the Mailing List - Use feedback-firefox-prerelease (and/or
feedback-thunderbird-prerelease) @ https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo.

b) Online News Reading - Use
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.feedback.firefox.prerelease
(and/or
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.feedback.thunderbird.prerelease)

c) Dedicated news reader - Subscribe to
mozilla.feedback.firefox.prerelease (and/or
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird.prerelease) on news.mozilla.org.