Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 8/7/2007, 7pm - 11pm PDT (0200 - 0600 8/8/2007 UTC)

1 view

Justin Fitzhugh

Aug 6, 2007, 8:12:47 PM8/6/07
to a...@mozilla.com, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-moz...@lists.mozilla.org, gen...@lists.mozilla.org
Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 8/7/2007, 7pm - 11pm PDT (0200 - 0600
8/8/2007 UTC)

We will have a scheduled downtime window tonight from 7pm to 11pm
PDT. 4 hours of downtime is expected. The following changes will
take place:

* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) - Kernel upgrades. We'll be doing kernel
security updates on various machines affecting the following services
for approximately 10 minutes each:
- Email services (all mail will be queued)
- Breakpad
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Bonsai
- LXR/MXR
- Tinderbox
- ftp.mozilla.org
- stage.mozilla.org
- irc.mozilla.org
- mail.mozilla.org
- lists.mozilla.org
- videos.mozilla.org
- all websites except www.mozilla.org, www.mozilla.com, www.bugzilla.org

* 7pm PDT (0200 UTC) - LDAP database maintenance. Password changes
will be unavailable during the window. No downtime is expected as we
will fail over to the slave LDAP servers.
* 8pm PDT (0300 UTC) - wiki.mozilla.org migration and upgrade. 1
hour of downtime is expected.
* 8pm PDT (0300 UTC) - pageload server migration. Pageload server
will be migrated to new hardware and updated to a new version. No
downtime is expected, but the tree will be closed
* 9pm PDT (0400 UTC) - performance machine clones. A few performance
machines will be brought down to do a cold backup. 2 hours of
downtime is expected.

Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed
with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to
as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing
longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be
operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email
infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.

Thanks,
-Justin