Firefox 1.5.0.5 released!

Tim Riley

Jul 26, 2006, 8:57:15 PM7/26/06
Reposting for Rob Helmer

Hello,

Firefox 1.5.0.5 updates are live as of 4:15 PM PDT.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this release happen! Special thanks
to Mark Mentovai for working on a last-minute Mac JEP patch over the
weekend, and everyone in QA for spending the weekend testing it.

Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 will be shipping tomorrow as scheduled.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Kaiser

Jul 27, 2006, 6:03:11 AM7/27/06
Tim Riley schrieb:

> Firefox 1.5.0.5 updates are live as of 4:15 PM PDT.
[...]

> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 will be shipping tomorrow as scheduled.

And SeaMonkey 1.0.3 just went live as well - thanks to everyone who
helped in doing that!

Robert Kaiser

Tim Riley

Jul 28, 2006, 3:49:47 PM7/28/06

We have found a serious bug with 1.5.0.5. See bug 346167. We
considering a urgent 1.5.0.6.early next week :(

--Tim

Robert Kaiser

Jul 31, 2006, 10:12:24 AM7/31/06
Tim Riley schrieb:

> We have found a serious bug with 1.5.0.5. See bug 346167. We
> considering a urgent 1.5.0.6.early next week :(

...and once again the SeaMonkey team keeps up with the 1.8.0 releases
and is preparing a SeaMonkey 1.0.4 along with that.

Robert Kaiser

Philip Chee

Jul 31, 2006, 12:17:43 PM7/31/06
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:12:24 +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Tim Riley schrieb:

>> We have found a serious bug with 1.5.0.5. See bug 346167. We
>> considering a urgent 1.5.0.6.early next week :(

> ....and once again the SeaMonkey team keeps up with the 1.8.0 releases

> and is preparing a SeaMonkey 1.0.4 along with that.

Perhaps next time SeaMonkey can be released one week after Firefox so
that we can see if anything breaks badly in the Firefox release.

Phil
--
Philip Chee <phi...@aleytys.pc.my>, <phili...@gmail.com>
[ ]And my special thanks to the Other Forty-Nine!

Robert Kaiser

Jul 31, 2006, 12:47:52 PM7/31/06
Philip Chee schrieb:

> Perhaps next time SeaMonkey can be released one week after Firefox so
> that we can see if anything breaks badly in the Firefox release.

That's no solution, as then people would say we are much slower in
adopting security fixes. I rather release same time with the same bugs
as not having those security issues fixed "in time".

The real solution to such problems is that more people need to test
candidate builds in daily useage situations, then they capture such
problems before we release either of the applications with the bug.

Yes, that means YOU (all)!

Robert Kaiser

Steve Chapel

Jul 31, 2006, 1:02:21 PM7/31/06
Robert Kaiser wrote:

> The real solution to such problems is that more people need to test
> candidate builds in daily useage situations, then they capture such
> problems before we release either of the applications with the bug.
>
> Yes, that means YOU (all)!

Yep, <http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:QA> says it all. Pick a branch
or the trunk and download nightly builds every so often to spot
regressions like this before release.

Did too many testers move to the trunk, or like I did a few weeks ago,
to the 1.8 branch? Maybe we should have a sign-up sheet to see which
branch each tester is testing. Then testers who aren't sure which branch
to test could choose the one that has the fewest testers. Of course,
we'd have to somehow make sure the list is kept up-to-date.