REMINDER: Firefox 3.5 RC 1 Testday this Friday, 5/29!

Aakash Desai

May 24, 2009, 11:27:47 AM5/24/09
to communityqateam, macqa, vistaqa, betatesters, dev-quality, dev-planning, dev-apps-firefox
Hey Mozilla Community,

I'm here to inform that we're going to be holding a MAJOR testday event on Friday, May 29th, from 7AM - 5PM PDT...

...for the first (and hopefully only) release candidate version for Fx 3.5! It'll be a day completely devoted to helping test Firefox 3.5 RC 1. There's going to be a lot of fun in our usual #testday channel due to the high amount of traffic.

Of course, since the RC 1 build isn't ready to download, you can go over to http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-1.9.1/ for the newest nightly build in the meantime.

For more information, here's our event details page: http://quality.mozilla.org/events/2009/may/29/firefox-35-rc-1-test-day

What we're really going to be gearing towards for this testday are the looking over coverage over the new features in Firefox 3.5. The list can be found here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Firefox3.5/TestPlan/Beta4#Additional_Resource_Testing

Anyone that finds a *new* blocker bug or is our "toptester" (runs the highest amount of litmus testcases) for the day will be rewarded with a really cool MozQA shirt which looks like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/intothefuzz/2656963062/

Hope to See you All There,
aakashd
Mozilla QA