Firefox 3.0.3 required and underway

Mike Beltzner

Sep 24, 2008, 9:38:37 PM9/24/08
to dev. planning
Hey everyone,

Shortly after releasing Firefox 3.0.2 our QA and Support teams began
seeing reports of problems certain users were having with the Firefox
Password Manager. This was being caused by non-ASCII data (in domains,
logins or passwords) saved as something other than UTF-8 failing to
convert back to Unicode (see bug 454708) which was a regression from a
fix to make the Password Manager work on IDN sites with characters
over U+0100 (see bug 451155).

The symptom is that users who have password data stores with non-ASCII
data saved as something other than UTF-8 (more common for people who
have saved passwords on IDN domains or non en-US domains) will not be
able to access their saved passwords or create any new saved
passwords. There is no permanent dataloss, the saved data is just
inaccessible. While this doesn't affect all Firefox users, it is a
significant regression and has triggered a fast-release Firefox 3.0.3
which will contain a single fix for this issue. Once released, this
will restore the functionality for all users.

The fix has been landed and tested, and builds are coming out and
being delivered to QA today. We hope to be releasing updates on the
beta channel by early next week and issuing a release soon thereafter.

cheers,
mike

a...@cybis.se

Sep 26, 2008, 7:22:06 AM9/26/08
Problem with Windows 2000 machine and Firefox 3.0.2 hanging.
---
Hi again!
It seems to be a problem in connection with the Panda Internet
security 2007.
When Panda is turned off, it is possible to use Firefox 3.0.2 for
browsing.

Before the automatic update of Firefox, everything worked with Panda
turned on.
(I am not running Panda on my XP machine which does not have this
hanging problem.)

/Lars-Ake
a...@cybis.se

Frank Wein

Sep 26, 2008, 7:47:02 AM9/26/08

I think your wrong here, try the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox

Frank

Frank Wein

Sep 26, 2008, 7:47:44 AM9/26/08

I think you're wrong here, try the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox

Frank

omega...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2008, 5:12:42 PM9/26/08

Yo No Tengo Ningún Problema Ay Gentes Extremistas