The Last Few Bugs

Damon Sicore

Feb 25, 2011, 1:16:05 PM2/25/11
to mozilla.dev.planning group
Team,

Yesterday we killed the blocker list, and we're down to 12 remaining bugs open, and only four remain without a patch. We set a goal last week to be done with all of these blockers and to try to be RC ready by today. Due to everyone's hard work, we're there. We've accelerated beta 12 to ship today, and the next step is to squash these few remaining bugs. After this, we're in RC mode, constantly watching the nomination queues for incoming bugs from this last beta.

For today's triage: Ask yourself if this was the last bug, would you hold back Firefox 4, with all of the hard work by hundreds of developers for over a year? Almost no bugs will pass this test. This is where we are.

Hold the line as we overcome these last few bugs, and quoting Henry Ford, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Our goal is to build a free and open web for everyone, and this is how we do it.

All my best,

Damon

Lance

Mar 1, 2011, 3:01:17 PM3/1/11

SUUUUUURE.

crazedpsyc

Mar 2, 2011, 12:39:09 PM3/2/11
I have been using the nightly build for some time now, and it does
seem quite ready for production even in that stage!

-- Michael