Firefox 4 is a Go - March 22

Damon Sicore

Mar 16, 2011, 3:40:09 PM3/16/11
to everyone@mozilla.com Mozilla, mozilla.dev.planning group
Team,

Today's triage session concluded with all systems go for a Firefox 4 launch on March 22nd. We will continue to have triage sessions on a daily basis to watch for major issues; however, at this point, we've concluded RC1 will become Firefox 4 final.

Fantastic job by everyone involved in this release. Amazing work!

All my best,

Damon

Gary Kovacs

Mar 16, 2011, 4:15:00 PM3/16/11
to Damon Sicore, mozilla.dev.planning group, everyone@mozilla.com Mozilla
We set a goal in December, we stressed toward the goal. At times, many thought we, I, us, were crazy, or too aggressive...but in the end, we were able to get it done in March.
There is nothing sweeter to observer than brilliant minds focussed on a clear task!

Very well done everyone, we should all be proud! Lets stay focussed on the delivery and the in-market execution of this launch. (we will have a great time at work-week...)

-gary

Mike Beltzner

Mar 17, 2011, 5:27:29 PM3/17/11
to Damon Sicore, mozilla.dev.planning group, everyone@mozilla.com Mozilla
All,

Two issues popped up (hilariously, almost immediately after Damon sent his email) which have caused us to take two very small, very isolated fixes in order to better protect Firefox 4 users. These fixes will be included in Firefox 4 RC2 for Windows, OSX and Linux (which should be available tomorrow) and Firefox 4 RC1 for Android.

There is no change required to our schedule. We still expect to release the final version of Firefox 4 for Windows, OSX and Linux on March 22nd as planned.

cheers,
mike

Axel Hecht

Mar 17, 2011, 5:37:08 PM3/17/11

As there has been interest for that piece, we're taking the l10n updates
for RC 2.

30 locales with updates, including the addition of Vietnamese.

Axel

Gervase Markham

Mar 18, 2011, 5:50:00 AM3/18/11
On 17/03/11 21:37, Axel Hecht wrote:
> 30 locales with updates, including the addition of Vietnamese.

Yay! :-)

Gerv