Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate builds started

Mike Beltzner

Jan 5, 2010, 10:32:53 PM1/5/10
to mozilla.dev.planning group
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to follow up to let everyone know that after months of development, we've started builds for Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate builds. We're pretty excited.

This is the point where people start asking me about "oh, but what about this patch that didn't make it in?" That's a fine thing to ask, and soon enough I'll be filing bugs to get new flags created for the inevitable Firefox 3.6.1. In the meantime, if there's a patch you want considered for the dreaded status of "RC ridealong," please do so by sending me or another driver private email. Be sure to plead your case clearly: why do we need it? how do you know that it won't cause further performance or functional regressions? how long has it been baking on trunk with tests?

cheers,
mike