Planned tree closure tomorrow morning (6am EDT)

Joe Drew

Apr 3, 2008, 4:38:54 PM4/3/08
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org, Johnathan Nightingale
In order to do some Tp testing for bug 425941, tomorrow morning at 6am
I'm going to have the tree closed and two patches checked in in
succession, so that talos can get at their builds. The plan is to have
everything done by 12PM EDT (9AM PDT), but it's possible that it'll
take a little bit longer.

The tree will need to be closed that entire time to ensure clean
results.

Comments? Questions? Screams of anguish?

Joe

Joe Drew

Apr 3, 2008, 5:04:04 PM4/3/08
to Joe Drew, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org

On Apr 3, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Joe Drew wrote:
> In order to do some Tp testing for bug 425941, tomorrow morning at 6am
^^^
EDT, which is 3AM PDT. I swear I had written this originally, but
somehow it wasn't in the sent message!

Johnathan Nightingale

Apr 3, 2008, 9:47:14 PM4/3/08
to Joe Drew, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
I haven't seen any comments, questions, screams of anguish or
objections. I'll check again tomorrow morning, but currently my
intent is to go ahead with the closure and landing tomorrow at 6am EDT
(3am PDT) unless:

- The tree is busted tomorrow morning
- Someone screams between now and then

I intend to land the JPEG patch in bug 425941, give the talos boxes
time to pick up a build with that patch in. Then I'll back that patch
out, land the PNG patch, and give the talos boxes another grab. Once
the talos boxes are churning on builds from the second patch, I'll
back that one out and re-open. If either patch breaks the build, I'll
back out and re-open. If something else comes up, I'll back out and
re-open. If things start taking way too long, I'll back out and re-
open.

Thanks for your patience this close to freeze - Joe is trying to nail
down a pretty sizable performance change that we don't really want to
have mixing with other checkins, but we'll try hard not to upset
anyone's apple cart.

Cheers,

Johnathan

On 3-Apr-08, at 4:38 PM, Joe Drew wrote:
> In order to do some Tp testing for bug 425941, tomorrow morning at

> 6am I'm going to have the tree closed and two patches checked in in
> succession, so that talos can get at their builds. The plan is to
> have everything done by 12PM EDT (9AM PDT), but it's possible that
> it'll take a little bit longer.
>
> The tree will need to be closed that entire time to ensure clean
> results.
>
> Comments? Questions? Screams of anguish?
>
> Joe

---
Johnathan Nightingale
Human Shield