Gecko 1.9/Firefox 3 ("Gran Paradiso") Planning Meeting, Wednesday Jun 7, 11:00 am

Vladimir Vukicevic

Jun 2, 2006, 5:24:01 PM6/2/06

We'll be holding the first (in recent history, at least) Gecko 1.9/Firefox
3 ("Gran Paradiso" [1]) planning meeting next Wednesday at 11am. This meeting
will be held every other week, and will transition into a weekly meeting
when necessary.

The goal of these meetings is to plan what will become part of the Gecko
1.9 platform and the Firefox 3 product. We'll be starting this process by
focusing on the platform (Gecko 1.9) work, but will also soon be asking for
input on what we think the goals for the Firefox 3 release should be. There
are a lot of ideas and feature requests here (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Feature_Brainstorming)
that you might want to re-familiarize yourself with.

If you have either completed, started, or are planning to start a Gecko 1.9
feature, please add it to the list at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Gecko_Feature_List
using the format provided there before the meeting. For the purposes of
that document, "feature" refers to a high-level chunk of functionality, and
not the specific details that are needed to complete that feature. This
document will eventually become the Gecko 1.9 Requirements list.

It's expected that the meetings will initially have a heavy Gecko 1.9 slant
and then transition into a Firefox 3 slant as Gecko 1.9 stabilizes and as
the requirements for Firefox 3 become clearer. Because of the large number
of items, the initial meeting will be to collect a list of Gecko 1.9 features
and any interdependencies.

The content meetings will continue on Thursday, which will be the more detailed
implementation- and bug-oriented meeting for Gecko 1.9.

Meeting Details
* Wednesday, June 7, 11:00 am PDT (18:00 UTC)
* Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
* +1 866 216 2181 (or +1 303 228 0514)
* join irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for back channel

[1] http://www.parks.it/parco.nazionale.gran.paradiso/Eindex.html

Vladimir Vukicevic

Jun 2, 2006, 6:58:34 PM6/2/06

> The content meetings will continue on Thursday, which will be the more
> detailed implementation- and bug-oriented meeting for Gecko 1.9.

Chris just mentioned that some of the Gecko 1.9 features have already been
tracked at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko_1_9_Alpha_Planning -- we'll end
up combining the various Gecko 1.9-related pages together over the next week.

- Vlad

Darin Fisher

Jun 2, 2006, 10:19:21 PM6/2/06
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
On 6/2/06, Vladimir Vukicevic <vlad...@pobox.com> wrote:

> > The content meetings will continue on Thursday, which will be the more
> > detailed implementation- and bug-oriented meeting for Gecko 1.9.
>
> Chris just mentioned that some of the Gecko 1.9 features have already been
> tracked at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko_1_9_Alpha_Planning

I think that link should be:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko_1.9_Alpha_Planning

-Darin