Firefox 3.0.12 candidate build available for testing!

Carsten Book

Jul 16, 2009, 11:16:18 AM7/16/09
Greetings to all of our great community testers - you are our most
valuable resource. We now have a build available for the upcoming*
Firefox 3.0.12* security and stability release. Note that this build is
a release candidate and is intended for pre-release testing. We would
like your help in testing the release and identifying any possible
regressions or issues before final ship.

*_What to Test/Where to Get Builds_:*

(Note: If you are riding the "beta" channel, you can manually check for
updates and update to this build). Otherwise you will have to download
from the directory below.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/3.0.12-candidates/build1/

Please hammer on these builds mercilessly to make sure that your stuff
works with them! If you notice things that worked in Firefox 3.0.10 and
do not work in this release, we would like to know about it right away.

_*Read the Release Notes*_
*Please also make sure to read the Release Notes which detail the known
issues: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.12/releasenotes/

*Bugs fixed in 3.0.12:* http://tinyurl.com/fx3012

*_How to Report Feedback_:*
(1) File a bug in *https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/. *Note in the comment
if it is a regression from a previous release. Things to remember when
filing a bug:
(a) Always include the Build ID that you tested on. If you type
about: in the URL bar, this will give you the Build ID.
(b) Always include clear Steps to Reproduce the bug
(c) Always check to see if your bug has already been filed. This link
will help: http://tinyurl.com/2465be
(d) Use the regression keyword if it indeed a regression from our
previous release.
(e) If you happen to crash, please include the Breakpad ID in the bug.
You can get this by typing about:crashes in the URL bar.

(2) If you don't wish to file a bug, report issues through
http://feedback.mozilla.org or through the
mozilla.feedback.firefox.prerelease newsgroup (also available on Google
Groups). Also you can reply to me directly. However, we prefer bugs as
feedback is easier to track.

Thanks in advance to all of you for helping test Firefox and making it
the browser of choice for millions of people all over the world!

- Tomcat
Team Mozilla QA

Carsten Book

Jul 16, 2009, 11:28:44 AM7/16/09
and of course this only for people who are still using Firefox 3.0.x !

- Tomcat