Fwd: RE : Firefox bug 328346: Certificates with keyusage nonRepudiation _only_ can be used for SSL

1 view

Martin Paljak

Oct 7, 2006, 3:30:03 AM10/7/06
to bon...@mozilla.org, Stef Hoeben, Marc Stern, nel...@bolyard.com
Hello,
(This mail bounced from bon...@mozilla.org, a mail address i found
from http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/Goals People in the original
message To and Cc were also included)

I'm forwarding this message for background information on the bug
#328346 and why we consider this a real blocker for smart cards in
Firefox.

We already have to say that the current functionality in FF 1.5 is
not because of 'broken smart card software that does not support FF
1.5 as it was working perfectly in FF 1.0' but because it is a
regression in FF 1.5.

I also represent a whole country on this topic (Estonia, http://
www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/EstonianEid).

Also, I think there should be more collaboration between smart card
projects like OpenSC (that already bring together many open source
smart card people under a common umbrella) and Firefox, for the
benefit of real users who just want to do banking and give signatures
and don't care about certificates and pkcs#11 modules.

Thanks,
Martin Paljak
consultant

Begin forwarded message: