Upcoming code freezes (2.0.0.17/3.0.2 Fri Aug 15 and 3.1a2 Tue Aug 19)

Mike Beltzner

Aug 15, 2008, 12:50:21 AM8/15/08
to dev. planning
Hi everyone,

The next five days will be busy as we freeze up for the next security
and stability milestones on our release branches as well as the upcoming
Shiretoko milestone.

As always, you can keep up with the latest release schedules at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases

- Firefox 2.0.0.17 & Firefox 3.0.2 ---

Code freeze for these releases is Friday, August 15th at 11:59pm PDT. If
you own a bug marked as blocking either of these releases, or a patch
with approval which has not yet been checked in, please attempt to do so
before the freeze. Both trees are now open for checkins, please observe
the tree rules and check with the sheriff:

For Firefox 2.0.0.17 bug queries and tree status, see
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla1.8

For Firefox 3.0.2 bug queries and tree status, see
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox3.0

- Shiretoko (Firefox 3.1) Alpha 2 ---

As discussed at this week's product delivery meeting on Tuesday (notes
at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/StatusMeetings/2008-08-12) the
next Shiretoko milestone will be Alpha 2, with code freeze set for
Tuesday, August 19th at 11:59pm PDT. As an alpha, this milestone will be
en-US only, so there is no string freeze date.

cheers,
mike