Firefox 3 brainstorming needs some prioritizing

Rudi Gens

Oct 21, 2006, 11:37:54 PM10/21/06
Just checked out what's going on with the brainstorming for Firefox 3.
Took a while to read through those suggestions. Just got through some
topics that are along my line of interest. People really came up with
some really excellent stuff. Read in the Firefox 3 meeting notes that
there were about 1200 edits just last week.

Just from this first glance I know that it will be hard to get an idea
about how all these suggestions gel together without prioritizing them
in some fashion. Would be nice to have an idea whether something is a
"must have" or "nice to see eventually". Obviously, people tend to push
their agenda and things that they like to see implemented. However, we
should be able to take the step back and look at the lists for the
different section with the bigger picture in mind.

In the process of doing so, it would certainly be helpful to have some
feedback from the developers about how much effort it would take to put
these suggestions in place. I am looking for the ballpark again:
"requires completely new development" versus "simple enhancement of
existing functionality" or "needs integration of an extension".

Nice to see that so many people are interested in making a great
browser even better.

Cheers,
Rudi