Adding a checkin-after-1.9 keyword?

Andrew Miller

Sep 16, 2007, 11:03:14 PM9/16/07
Hi all,

I haven't been able to identify any way of flagging that an attachment
to a bug in Bugzilla should be checked in after 1.9 has branched, but
there will probably be a reasonable number of bugs to which this applies.

We could run a query for 'review+,superreview+,approval1.9-' attachments
after the branch, but it is not always clear that this means that an
attachment it needs to be checked in, as there might have been an
alternative solution checked in instead (and worse, it requires things
which shouldn't be nominated for approval at all to end up being
approval1.9-).

It seems that the sensible way to deal with this would be to add a
keyword (or perhaps a flag on attachments) to store this information so
we don't forget.

I propose that we add a new valid keyword called checkin-after-1.9 and
use this to track such bugs.

Best regards,
Andrew

Benjamin Smedberg

Sep 17, 2007, 9:08:07 AM9/17/07
Andrew Miller wrote:

> I haven't been able to identify any way of flagging that an attachment
> to a bug in Bugzilla should be checked in after 1.9 has branched, but
> there will probably be a reasonable number of bugs to which this applies.

We're discouraging people from working on or reviewing bugs that aren't
suitable for 1.9 at this point (or part of the mozilla2 project). I don't
think we need to add any process for this case: just keep track of it
yourself and ask for checkin whenever the tree is ready.

What bug in particular are you talking about? We could theoretically land it
in mozilla-central for mozilla2 right now, but whether we want to depends on
circumstances.

--BDS