Revenge of CrashKill

Damon Sicore

Jan 25, 2010, 6:29:22 PM1/25/10
to mozilla.dev.planning group
All,

No CrashKill meeting today, but we are seeing quite a bit of churn on our crash-stats which is to be expected as we get a better picture of crashes that affect a larger group than our beta testers--It's really great that we can see this now!

There are a few things we need to do to track the release. I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, so please pile on if you think of anything else we need to track:

1) Please check http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/Firefox/3.6 for new crashes that affect your group. I'm checking these constantly, and I'll be tracking people down to investigate issues as I discover them.

2) New plugin crashes are moving up the list. We'll need to start a new push to reach out to vendors to make sure they are on top of those crashes. Any help identifying and contacting vendors here is much appreciated. Please comment in the bug for that crash if you have a contact or can find one.

3) I'm sure there will be several crash fixes that we'll do over the next few weeks as we discover them, and we'll probably want to back port those to 1.9.2. To get them on the radar for a 3.6.x release, please nominate for blocking 1.9.2 (the "?" flag). Those who drive the 3.6.x releases will be triaging those appropriately. It will require the help those who are actually fixing the crashes to do that nomination for us to effectively track and ship those crash fixes. Also, please add [crashkill] in the whiteboard.

Suggestions or questions?

Sincerely,

Damon

John J Barton

Jan 25, 2010, 7:40:58 PM1/25/10
Damon Sicore wrote:

> 1) Please check http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/Firefox/3.6 for new crashes that affect your group.

I remember a time when I knew how to navigate from a crash signature
report to the top-crash list. But with the new UI I can't figure out
how. So for example,
http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0b1bb9ff-1859-44a1-a3d6-6d1a32100122
what can I do to see if
1) Any bugzilla bugs are open for it?
2) If its on the top list?

kkb

chris hofmann

Jan 25, 2010, 8:08:00 PM1/25/10
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
if there is a bug open for the signature you will see it show up in the
individual report.

It will be in the "Related Bugs Section." For example see this
individual report for one of the top crash bugs.

http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9b0bff6c-b439-451e-adce-9f96b2100125

> 2) If its on the top list?

I don't think we have ever had this kind of stuff in the individual
crash reports.

If you want to find what signatures are in the top 300 see a report like
Damon listed above. Then search for the signature out of that list.

-chofmann

> kkb

Ozten

Jan 26, 2010, 3:00:41 PM1/26/10
On Jan 25, 4:40 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> Damon Sicore wrote:

> > 1)  Please checkhttp://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/Firefox/3.6for new crashes that affect your group.

> I remember a time when I knew how to navigate from a crash signature
> report to the top-crash list. But with the new UI I can't figure out
> how. So for example,http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0b1bb9ff-1859-44a1-a3d6-6...

> what can I do to see if
>    1) Any bugzilla bugs are open for it?
>    2) If its on the top list?

From report/index you can go to the navigation "Firefox" > "3.6"

This takes you to the top crashes by signature trend report and
records that as your current product/version.
From the top crashers page you can get other reports from "Trend
Reports" menu drop down.

-- austin