FF4STATUS: Update on Firefox 4 beta 11 and initial thoughts on beta 12

Christian Legnitto

Feb 7, 2011, 5:02:55 PM2/7/11
to mozilla.dev.planning group
Did I say I would send these statuses out twice daily? Looks like once a day is all you get. Please accept this video to make up for the lower volume: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc&html5=True>

Firefox 4 beta 11:

* QA expects to be done qualifying the build today
* We expect to release to the beta audience tomorrow or Wednesday PST (depends on when QA signs off and when it makes most sense for the mirror network)

Firefox 4 beta 12:

* No hard schedule
* We're trying to get all betaN hardblockers[1] done by this Friday, which would put us in position to build beta 12 at the start of next week
* There are 17 betaN hardblockers with patches[2], which means there are only ~2 that don't have patches (sweet!)
* We still reserve the right to have another beta if needed, but are driving to have beta 12 be the last. Again, highly dependent on remaining work, new items found during beta 11, etc

I'll send another email once QA has signed off and the release plan for beta 11 solidifies.

Thanks,
Christian

PS: You can still filter on "FF4STATUS" to not see these, though you will miss out on more sweet HTML5 movies.

[1] http://bit.ly/dYgIu1
[2] http://bit.ly/hHpinn