Alpha Scheduling and Planning

mtsc...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2007, 10:19:38 PM4/26/07
Hey Folks,

We made a couple of important decisions at the last Gecko 1.9 meeting
about the Alpha scheduling:
* We will do date driven alpha releases on a one-month cadence
* Any very high risk changes must be landed on the trunk two weeks
before code freeze to ensure proper baking

I've updated the main FF3 schedule page to reflect the major change
freeze date, code freeze date, and release date for the next two
Alphas and a draft for beta 1 (*draft*). If you click through the
Alpha5 you'll also see a check list I've cribbed from our maintenance
releases to help make the Alpha release more straightforward.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Schrep

Boris Zbarsky

Apr 26, 2007, 11:45:52 PM4/26/07
mtsc...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've updated the main FF3 schedule page to reflect the major change
> freeze date, code freeze date, and release date for the next two
> Alphas

I assume the Alpha 6 dates are supposed to be June?

Also, all the work listed seems to be front-end work. Is there a related Gecko
schedule?

-Boris

Robert Kaiser

Apr 27, 2007, 11:39:33 AM4/27/07
mtsc...@gmail.com schrieb:

> I've updated the main FF3 schedule page to reflect the major change
> freeze date, code freeze date, and release date for the next two
> Alphas and a draft for beta 1 (*draft*).

Forgive my ignorance, but could you also post a link to that doc here
for reference?

Robert Kaiser

Giacomo Magnini

Apr 27, 2007, 11:59:29 AM4/27/07
Robert Kaiser ha scritto:

> Forgive my ignorance, but could you also post a link to that doc here
> for reference?

My guess is: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Schedule
Ciao, Giacomo.

Mike Schroepfer

Apr 27, 2007, 12:56:51 PM4/27/07
to Giacomo Magnini
Yep that's it.

Mike

Mike Schroepfer

Apr 27, 2007, 1:00:26 PM4/27/07
to Boris Zbarsky

Yes the A6 dates should be in June - thanks!

Damon is working on getting the Gecko milestones in there as well.

Best,

Schrep