Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 10/17/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT (0200 - 0500 UTC)

Justin Fitzhugh

Oct 16, 2006, 9:24:03 PM10/16/06
Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 10/17/2006, 7pm - 10pm PDT (0200 - 0500 UTC)

We will have a scheduled downtime window this coming Thursday from 7pm
to 10pm PDT. The following changes will take place:

* 7pm PDT - SAN/NAS interfaces changes. We need to make modifications
to the network setup of one of our storage arrays. Small periods of
downtime may be seen of the following systems: mozilla.com mail,
talkback, cvs, and other systems that rely on this array. CVS will be
rebooted as part of this to fix an iLo issue. Downtime should be
minimal.
* 7pm PDT - spreadfirefox.com migration. We will be migrating SFX to
our California datacenter. Up to 2 hours of downtime is expected.
* 8pm PDT - mozilla.org mail migration. We will be migrating
mozilla.org mail to our California datacenter. No downtime is expected.

Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed with
the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to as
little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing
longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be
operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email
in...@mozilla.org if you see issues past the planned downtime.

--
Justin Fitzhugh
Director, IT - Mozilla Corporation