Schedule updates for Beta 3 - please read

Mike Connor

Jan 15, 2008, 4:25:42 PM1/15/08
to dev. planning, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey everyone,

As discussed at the Firefox 3 meeting today, we will be pushing back
the freeze date for Beta 3 until January 29th. We will have a quiet
freeze for the rest of that week before starting builds, on the same
timeline as we used for beta 2. As a result, we plan on starting
builds first thing on Monday, February 4th. This means all
localization changes will need to be checked into CVS by 8 AM UTC on
February 4th to make beta 3.

We will still try to be string complete for the beta on January 22nd
(the original freeze date) and we will be using the late-l10n keyword
to track anything that misses this date. This should give localizers
almost two weeks, and two full weekends, to get caught up. We are
not planning on holding the release for localizations that miss the
cutoff, so please get your changes in ASAP.

-- Mike

Mike Beltzner

Jan 21, 2008, 2:57:55 PM1/21/08
to Mike Connor, dev. planning, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Mike Connor wrote:
> We will still try to be string complete for the beta on January 22nd
> (the original freeze date) and we will be using the late-l10n keyword

Just for the record, I was busier than expected last week, and will
likely not be able to meet this deadline. I don't expect a raft of
string changes between now and the end of the week, but I know that the
UX team won't be done with string reviews probably until Friday.

Sorry for the delay here. As per this email, we'll use the late-l10n
keyword and try to keep the changes minimal.

cheers,
mike