Firefox 4.0 Beta 2 code freeze! (mozilla-central closed)

Mike Beltzner

Jul 20, 2010, 2:26:26 AM7/20/10
Hey everyone,

Last night at 11:10pm PT we closed mozilla-central in order to let the
tree stabilize and run a few test runs for the Firefox 4 Beta 2 code
freeze.

At this time there are still four bugs left:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2.0:beta2

- bug 557225 is waiting for a set of finished builds to verify
- bug 579262 is under evaluation, but we can start builds without it
- the other two bugs are releng and web-side, we can start builds
without them

We're also waiting on Axel to sign off of the l10n changesets bug, as
this beta will enjoy some degree of localization. Huzzah!

More info on this thread as we have it.

cheers,
mike

Axel Hecht

Jul 20, 2010, 3:38:41 AM7/20/10

Just landed shipped-locales with 18 locales. To clarify, I did not land
l10n-changesets, that's up to the build guys now. Info where to find the
data got passed along.

Axel

Mike Beltzner

Jul 20, 2010, 10:55:12 AM7/20/10
An update!

The astute will have noticed that (a) the tree is still closed, and
(b) we have accrued an additional blocker:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2.0:beta2

Here's where things stand:

- bug 557225 resulted in less-than-ideal hangs on startup on OSX;
bsmedberg is currently testing a fix
- bug 580227 was filed for Test Pilot which wasn't fixed after the
XPCOM changes; a patch is awaiting review from dtownsend
- bug 579262 remains, but at this point I don't think we'll block
beta2 on it, instead adding a release note; visible regression on some
YouTube videos, though, so people may have opinions that they wish to
share on that score

We're keeping the tree closed to we can iterate quickly on the two
remaining blockers. We may open it later to blocking-bugs and explicit
approvals only. Stay tuned.

There are also two non-code related bugs to resolve, one of which
needs to be done before we start builds, but RelEng is on it.

cheers,
mike

Mike Beltzner