mozilla-central landings today and beta 11 plan

Christian Legnitto

Feb 1, 2011, 4:46:26 PM2/1/11
to mozilla.dev.planning group
Beta 11:

We are pushing to get these bugs in by EOD today (PST):

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2%3Abeta%20sw:b11

* If you are on the hook for any of those (including reviews and feedback) _they are your number one priority_

* If you are landing bugs NOT in that list, please think about the risk to beta 11. If anything is even slightly risky, please hold off a day until we branch for beta 11 before landing on mozilla-central. We will not close mozilla-central and instead trust developers to act responsibly with risk

Once we have all / the the majority of the bugs in the query above we will call a build using the last green changeset.

Beta 12:

The current plan is to build when the remaining betaN hardblockers are done. This is heavily dependent on fix and blocker creation rate. I will be doing some analysis to give people a range, but as far as development is concerned everything is the same (fix as many betaN hardblockers as quickly as possible).

Thanks,
Christian

Mike Beltzner

Feb 1, 2011, 5:00:17 PM2/1/11
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, release-drivers drivers
On 2/1/2011 1:46 PM, Christian Legnitto wrote:
> Once we have all / the the majority of the bugs in the query above we
> will call a build using the last green changeset.

Specifically, I'll be updating this group later today with a decision to
either:

- ship off a known-green changeset,
- defer for another couple of hours until we get one last bug in

Either way we expect the go-to-build to happen tomorrow morning PT, no
overnight work is required.

cheers,
mike