Firefox 3.5 is now available for download

Mike Beltzner

Jun 30, 2009, 12:03:14 PM6/30/09
to dev-planning@lists.mozilla.org planning
follow-up: mozilla.dev.planning
reply-to: dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org

from: http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/06/30/firefox-3-5-is-now-available-for-download

Mozilla is proud and pleased to present Firefox 3.5, now available for
download at http://www.firefox.com. Firefox 3.5 has been under
development for the past year, contains many new exciting features for
users and web developers, and is our fastest Firefox release ever. A
video highlighting some of these new features is available, describing
how:

* Firefox 3.5 is available in more than 70 languages - get your local
* We have included tools for controlling your private data, including
a Private Browsing Mode, and the ability to go back in time and Clear
Recent History.
* Firefox 3.5 has support for the HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements
including native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Vorbis
encoded audio.
* The browser features faster performance on complex websites thanks
to the new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine.
* Users can enjoy Location Aware Browsing using web standards for
geolocation.
* Web developers can make use of native JSON parsing, and web worker
threads.
* This release includes improvements to the Gecko layout engine,
including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
* Firefox 3.5 supports new web technologies such as: downloadable
fonts, CSS media queries, new transformations and properties,
JavaScript query selectors, HTML5 local storage and offline
application storage, <canvas> text, ICC profiles, and SVG transforms.
As always Firefox 3.5 is available as a free download at http://www.firefox.com
. Firefox 3.0 users can update their existing browser by selecting
"Check for Updates..." from the "Tools" menu in Firefox.

We encourage web and Add-on developers to read the Firefox 3.5 for
Developers article on the Mozilla Developer Center.

Note: users already running a Firefox 3.5 Beta or Release Candidate
can also obtain an update to this latest Release Candidate version by
selecting "Check for Updates..." from the "Help" menu. If no update is
available, you already have the final version!