How to ask for a Talos run on Try Server

Lukas Blakk

Jul 22, 2010, 1:26:27 AM7/22/10
to release, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey All,

So now that the Talos suites are off by default *on the try server* you
may be wondering how you ask your RelEng co-worker to run a set for you
when needed?

*Here are the simple instructions:*

* Please wait until all the opt builds you are interested in have
reported back to you (any builds that have not completed will not get Talos)
* Then ping the buildduty sheriff in #build - if they are not available
you can try to grab another RelEng team member
* Ask them to run the talos suite by informing them the directory name
for your push - eg: ma...@bonardo.net-04da41d5f2ce (you get this from
your try email results - it's in the Url for your builds)
* Sit back and watch the Talos results roll in on tbpl or Tinderbox

Please spread the word and share the instructions with anyone who asks.

Thank you,

Lukas

Justin Wood (Callek)

Jul 22, 2010, 1:43:45 AM7/22/10
On 7/22/2010 1:26 AM, Lukas Blakk wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> So now that the Talos suites are off by default *on the try server* you
> may be wondering how you ask your RelEng co-worker to run a set for you
> when needed?
>
> *Here are the simple instructions:*
>
> * Please wait until all the opt builds you are interested in have
> reported back to you (any builds that have not completed will not get
> Talos)
> * Then ping the buildduty sheriff in #build - if they are not available
> you can try to grab another RelEng team member

Many people reading may not know how to identify the builduty sheriff.
Perhaps a link to where to see it is useful.

Short-Answer as a generalization for readers: Buildduty has 1 sheriff
per week (Monday->Friday) being the same person for whole week. weekends
have no build sheriff. As with normal sheriffing there are exceptions to
every rule and different people are most active at different times. As
far as the actual URL, I don't recall it atm.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Robert Strong

Jul 22, 2010, 2:49:15 AM7/22/10
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Available on the Firefox Tinderbox
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/Firefox/

and there is a link there as well to the full schedule
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aelh98g866kuc80d5nbfqo6u54%40group.calendar.google.com

Lukas Blakk

Jul 22, 2010, 9:51:55 AM7/22/10
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
On 10-07-21 11:49 PM, Robert Strong wrote:
> On 7/21/2010 10:43 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> Available on the Firefox Tinderbox
> http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/Firefox/
>
> and there is a link there as well to the full schedule
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aelh98g866kuc80d5nbfqo6u54%40group.calendar.google.com

And also - if you look in #build at /who you should see someone with
"buildduty" in their name if they are actively on buildduty and if that
is not the case ping for any awake RelEng member we have *almost*
around-the-clock coverage.

John O'Duinn

Jul 22, 2010, 2:00:18 PM7/22/10
to Lukas Blakk, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, release, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org

On 7/21/10 10:26 PM, Lukas Blakk wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> So now that the Talos suites are off by default *on the try server* you
> may be wondering how you ask your RelEng co-worker to run a set for you
> when needed?
>
> *Here are the simple instructions:*
>
> * Please wait until all the opt builds you are interested in have
> reported back to you (any builds that have not completed will not get Talos)
> * Then ping the buildduty sheriff in #build - if they are not available
> you can try to grab another RelEng team member

*OR* you can file a P1 bug in mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering.

We triage new bugs continuously throughout the day, so turnaround time
would be the same. And its easier to track in case you want us to
re-re-re-trigger tests on the same build for you.

> * Ask them to run the talos suite by informing them the directory name
> for your push - eg: ma...@bonardo.net-04da41d5f2ce (you get this from
> your try email results - it's in the Url for your builds)
> * Sit back and watch the Talos results roll in on tbpl or Tinderbox

The results are just as enjoyable! :-)

> Please spread the word and share the instructions with anyone who asks.
> Thank you,
> Lukas

tc
John.

armenzg

Jul 27, 2010, 11:44:17 AM7/27/10
As of today, we are now not running talos jobs for try jobs (the patch
did not complete disable what had to be disabled).

Please use Lukas' instructions and let your releng on duty trigger the
job if you need it.

Cheers,
Armen