Firefox 3.6.9 Release Candidate Builds available for testing

Carsten Book - Tomcat

Aug 26, 2010, 5:16:43 PM8/26/10

Once again, warm greetings to all of our great community testers - you
are our most valuable resource. We now have a Firefox 3.6.9 Release
Candidate available for testing. Note that this builds are release
candidates and is intended for pre-release testing. We would like your
help in testing the release candidate and identifying any possible
regressions or issues.

*What to Test/Where to Get Builds**:*

(Note: If you are riding the "beta" channel, you can manually check for
updates and update to this build). Otherwise you will have to download
from the directory below.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/3.6.9-candidates/build1/

Please hammer on these builds mercilessly to make sure that things work
well! If you notice things that worked in previous Firefox 3.6.8 and
does not work in this release, we would like to know about it *right away*.

Read the Release Notes
*Please also make sure to read the Release Notes which detail the known
issues and describe the complete list of changes in this version (Under
the What's New in Firefox 3.6.9 Beta):

http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.9/releasenotes/

***_How to Report Feedback_:*
(1) File a bug in *https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/. *Note in the comment
if it is a regression from a previous release. Things to remember when
filing a bug:
(a) Always include the Build ID that you tested on. If you type
about: in the URL bar, this will give you the Build ID.
(b) Always include clear Steps to Reproduce the bug
(c) Always check to see if your bug has already been filed. This link
will help: http://tinyurl.com/2465be
(d) Use the regression keyword if it indeed a regression from a
previous release.
(e) If you happen to crash, please include the Breakpad ID in the bug.
You can get this by typing about:crashes in the URL bar.
(f) If you tend to run with lots of extensions, try starting Firefox
in Safe Mode before filing to bug to see if the problem persists. Info
about safe mode is here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode

Of course you can also sent feedback directly to me via email:
tom...@mozilla.com

Also for Users still using Firefox 3.5.x - Firefox 3.5.12 release
candidate is also now available on the beta channel. You can download
the release candidate for Firefox 3.5.12 here ->
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/3.5.12-candidates/build1/
and beta release notes are here
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.5.12/releasenotes/
Thanks !