FF4STATUS: Firefox 4 beta 12 is waiting on the remaining betaN hardblockers

Christian Legnitto

Feb 17, 2011, 6:16:02 PM2/17/11
to mozilla.dev.planning group
Summary
----------------------

* We will not be building a Firefox 4 beta today
* We will wait for the few remaining betaN hardblockers[1] before building Firefox 4 beta 12
* As of now, beta 12 is the last planned beta
* We reserve the right to have a beta 13 if issues found in beta 12 need additional coverage before a release candidate (RC)

Details

This Tuesday's platform meeting said we'd loop back around on Thursday (today) to determine if we cut a beta with what we have or hold beta 12 for the final betaN hardblockers[1]. Though there was no discussion at the triage meeting as planned, a straw poll of drivers indicates the desire to wait for the final betaN hardblockers before creating Firefox 4 beta 12. The bugs blocking beta 12[1] are expected to be fixed in the next day or so. At that point we will freeze nightlies and then create the beta build when we are confident of quality.

Beta 12 is currently planned to be the last beta (by definition due to not having any betaN hardblockers after it is created), but we still might need a beta 13 if issues found in beta 12 need beta coverage before a release candidate (RC).

As always, feel free to contact me for clarification or with additional questions you may have.

Thanks,
Christian

[1] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2.0%3AbetaN+sw%3Ahard