Tree closure Wednesday June 22, 2011 8:00 AM PDT

John Ford

Jun 20, 2011, 8:42:29 PM6/20/11
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
We will be closing all Firefox trees on Wednesday June 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM PDT for three hours for maintenance. The work items are:

-Bug 662071 - Changes to the SCL <-> SJC link to improve networking between Releng machines

-Bug 652191 - Convert clobberer to use MySQL instead of Sqlite as a data store. This should help make the clobberer less prone to failure.

If you know of a reason why this tree closure should not occur at the time above please let me know as soon as possible. We will confirm that all releases are in good shape before commencing this work. While we aim to minimize interruption, there is a possibility that builds may be interrupted. We will attempt to retrigger failing builds as soon as possible.

Thanks,

John Ford

John Ford

Jun 22, 2011, 8:36:06 PM6/22/11
to John Ford, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
To complete the loop, this downtime was completed today at approximately 11 AM PDT.

In addition to the changes noted below, we changed which master is the destination for sendchanges (bug 656413).

Bug 662071 was dropped from the downtime and bug 652191 was landed successfully.

There was an unrelated DNS downtime that may have affected dns resolution just after the downtime window.

Thanks,

John Ford