Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jono S. Xia

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 15:04:2118.10.11
an dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org

From: Henri Sivonen<hsiv...@iki.fi>

> Why? Do we actually have data about what the long tail of plug-ins
> looks like after the top ones that are or are soon going to be
> 64-bit-ready?

Yes, we have that from Test Pilot.
The top Windows plugins in this sample (those with above around 1%
install base) are listed below. (Note that some plugins, especially
Java and Quicktime, had versions with different names, which therefore
got counted separately in this list.)
This is from a sample of 94,140 Windows users done in September 2010.
I can provide more of "the long tail", or data from Mac and/or Linux
users, on request.
--Jono

Shockwave Flash 64443
Adobe Acrobat 49514
Silverlight Plug-In 36995
Google Update 33067
Java Platform SE 6 U21 26294
Windows Media Player Plug-in 23691
Microsoft DRM 23389
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.210.7 22606
Windows Live Photo Gallery 20201
RealPlayer Version Plugin 18596
RealPlayer G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In 18416
iTunes Application Detector 17916
Windows Presentation Foundation 17853
Shockwave for Director 16616
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.7 14104
Google Earth Plugin 13543
Yahoo Application State Plugin 11364
RealJukebox NS Plugin 9530
Java Platform SE 6 U20 9190
Microsoft Office Live Plug-in for Firefox 9172
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6 8968
Picasa 8379
DivX Web Player 8355
VLC Multimedia Plug-in 7134
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.200.2 6403
Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin 5539
RealPlayer HTML5VideoShim Plug-In 5508
Google Talk Plugin 5426
Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator 5315
Facebook Plugin 4329
NVIDIA 3D Vision 4218
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.210.6 3689
NVIDIA 3D VISION 3391
Pando Web Plugin 2860
Windows Activation Technologies 2599
Winamp Application Detector 2563
Unity Player 2482
Java Platform SE 6 U18 2473
Java Platform SE 6 U17 2136
Bing Bar 2046
RIM Handheld Application Loader 1959
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.5 1863
DivX Player Netscape Plugin 1795
Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 1793
Google Updater 1721
Veetle TV Core 1569
Veetle TV Player 1568
Veetle Broadcaster Plugin 1509
Silverlight Plug-In 1505
Yahoo ActiveX Plug-in Bridge 1375
BrowserPlus from Yahoo 1260
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.180.7 1248
DNA Plug-in 1223
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.170.4 1087
Nexon Game Controller 1084
Java Platform SE 6 U15 1065

Asa Dotzler

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 15:12:3118.10.11
an
Jono S. Xia wrote:

> From: Henri Sivonen<hsiv...@iki.fi>
>
>> Why? Do we actually have data about what the long tail of plug-ins
>> looks like after the top ones that are or are soon going to be
>> 64-bit-ready?
>

> Yes, we have that from Test Pilot.
> The top Windows plugins in this sample (those with above around 1%
> install base) are listed below. (Note that some plugins, especially Java
> and Quicktime, had versions with different names, which therefore got
> counted separately in this list.)
> This is from a sample of 94,140 Windows users done in September 2010.
> I can provide more of "the long tail", or data from Mac and/or Linux
> users, on request.
> --Jono

Jono, thanks for this.

What I think we really need most here is a report on actual usage.

I suspect that there are lots of plug-ins that have been installed on
user systems that rarely if ever get activated by content on the Web.

I'm hoping that telemetry can tell us about usage.

- A

Justin Dolske

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 20:00:4718.10.11
an
On 10/18/11 3:12 PM, Asa Dotzler wrote:

> What I think we really need most here is a report on actual usage.
>
> I suspect that there are lots of plug-ins that have been installed on
> user systems that rarely if ever get activated by content on the Web.
>
> I'm hoping that telemetry can tell us about usage.

This. Is there a bug on file? (Sounds vaguely familiar for some reason)

Justin

Kyle Huey

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 20:20:0218.10.11
an Justin Dolske, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
/me tries this again from the right email.
I'm not sure if there's a bug. There's been privacy reviews though:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Reviews/Telemetry/Encountered_Plugin_Types

- Kyle

Asa Dotzler

ungelesen,
18.10.2011, 22:17:2718.10.11
an
I'll file one if we haven't. Blizzard and I have been working through
this with our privacy team. I think we're ready for a bug.

- A
0 neue Nachrichten